Starting in Q2 2020, CasaTunes will no longer offer remote access support via LogMeIn.
Dealers who currently use LogMeIn to manage their clients CasaTunes music servers remotely, will need to provide their own remote access solution. You can continue to use LogMeIn but you will need to update it to use your own (paid) personal account, or you can use a different tool, such as Cloudberry Lab's MSP360 Remote Assistance tool, which is currently available for free.
Installing Cloudberry Lab's MSP360 Remote Access tool
To replace your LogMeIn remote access with MSP360 Remote Access, please follow these steps:
Configuring MSP360 Remote Access on the music server
- Step 1: Save the music server's Computer ID that is generated by the application. You will need this to access this music server from a remote location
- Step 2: In the Security tab in the Options panel turn on Allow unattended access, Use Custom Password for incoming connections, and Require Encryption for income connections.
- Step 3: Create a custom password (and save this in a safe place. You will need this to access your remote music server)
- Step 4: Save the encryption key either by clicking on Save... and saving the key to a file (we recommend you save it to the desktop), or select and copy the key. In either case, make sure you copy this key/file and save it on the computer you will use to remotely access your music server(s). You will need to provide this key when connecting to this music server from your remote location.
- Step 5: In the Miscellaneous tab make sure the Allow LAN direct connections and Allow Internet direct connections are checked, and make sure the Full control Radio button is selected for the default access level for incoming connections.
Configuring the MSP360 Remote Access client on your computer
- Step 3: Enter the music servers Computer ID (you saved in the previous steps) in the Connect to box and click on Connect
- Step 4: Enter the encryption key (you saved in the previous steps) and press enter. Your encryption key will now be saved on this machine the next time you login
- Step 6: Click on Access using PIN
- Step 7: Enter the Custom password you recorded above