The combination of the CasaTunes music streamer with the Leviton/HAI Hi-Fi2 whole home audio distribution system provides customers with a robust whole house music system, bringing significant new functionality, including:
- Control - Control your whole house music system using the CasaTunes native Apps for Android and iOS smartphones and tablets, or your existing Leviton/HAI keypads.
- Music - Listen to disc, networked, and Internet based music, including premium music services such as Deezer, Pandora, SHOUTcast, Slacker, Spotify, Tidal, TuneIn and many others
- Disc Storage - The CasaTunes music streamer includes up to 1TB disc storage for storing your customers music collection
- Seamless AirPlay Whole House Integration - Every room is setup by default as an AirPlay target. You can stream music from any music App running on one or more iOS devices to any room in the home, without even having to use the CasaTunes App.
- Multiple Music Streams - When using the CasaTunes CT-8 music server, you can have up to 8 different music streams playing at one time, so you can listen to different music on each of the available Leviton/HAI sources. The CasaTunes CT-4 music server provides 4 music streams.
- AV Receiver Integration - You can easily integrate most AV Receivers into your whole house music system without requiring any additional specialized hardware.
The CasaTunes setup utility (CasaSetup) is designed to read (or use) the settings that are configured for your Leviton/HAI Hi-Fi2 system. This means you can either use the Hi-Fi2 Setup application provided by Leviton/HAI to configure your audio distribution system, or use CasaSetup to configure your settings. In either case, the savings are saved, or persisted, to the Leviton/HAI matrix system.
To configure the CasaTunes music streamer with your Leviton/HAI whole home audio distribution system, follow these steps:
Step 1: Physical Connections
- Physically setup and configure your Leviton/HAI as you normally would
- Using cables with 3.5mm stereo connectors on each end, connect each output stream from the CasaTunes music server to your Leviton/HAI local line-level audio input.
- If you are controlling your Leviton/HAI using a serial connection, you will need a special cable to connect the serial port on your CasaTunes music server to the Leviton/HAI Hi-Fi2 serial connector. Alternatively, CasaTunes can control your Leviton/HAI Hi-Fi2 via Ethernet control.
- Connect the CasaTunes music server to the network
- Power on the music server
Step 2: Software Configuration
- Start CasaSetup
- Select the Select Controller menu option in CasaSetup
- Select the controller type Leviton/HAI from the controller drop down list
- Select whether you want to control your Leviton/HAI system using Serial (RS-232) or IP (Ethernet Control).
- If you are using IP control, then enter the IP Address of your Leviton/HAI audio distribution system. It is highly recommended you configure your Hi-Fi2 system to use a static IP. The TCP Port number is typically 23, unless you re-configured it.
- If you are using Serial control, then enter the serial port to use, typically 1.
- Select Save and CasaSetup will attempt to connect to your Leviton/HAI system. Please be patient. It can take CasaSetup up to a minute to connect and load all the Leviton/HAI Hi-Fi2 system settings.
After you have configured the controller type, you can use CasaSetup to configure your Hi-Fi2 system including Sources, Rooms, and/or Music Services as you normally do (refer to the CasaSetup Guide).
- CasaTunes saves all the Hi-Fi2 settings to the Leviton/HAI system.
- If you are not using the Hi-Fi2 expansion kit, you should disable the additional zones (Zones 9-16). You can use CasaSetup to Hide these zones (which will disable these zones).
- CasaTunes supports displaying the metadata for the current playing song on the Volume Source Control (VSC) keypad for the room. Metadata includes title, artist and album information (if available).
- CasaTunes supports the various transport controls available on the VSC keypads and remote, including playing the next and previous tracks, and playing and pausing a track.
- You can use CasaSetup to configure Room and Source names, to enable/disable Sources and Rooms (Hidden in CasaSetup), and to configure Loudness, Balance, EQ settings,, Initial Volume (Turn On Volume in CasaSetup), Paging Volume and Source gain settings.
- CasaTunes does not support the Leviton/HAI group settings. CasaTunes provides Room Groups which provide a superset of the group functionality provided by Leviton/HAI.