URC and CasaTunes
CasaTunes and URC®
High fidelity, high quality, great value - URC home control with CasaTunes music streams and CasaTunes music systems
URC dealers finally have a good music solution for homes controlled by URC. Now, as a dealer, you can easily supply your customers with a reasonably priced music server.
Setup is simple and fast, using URC's Accelerator® software.
Download the CasaTunes Streamer Module Package.
Download the CasaTunes System Module Package.
The Module Packages include helpful documentation. You can always check for the latest versions at our downloads page.
Streamer Module vs System Module
Which one do I use?
Great flexibility, but how do I use it and why do I need it?
Every CasaTunes Server is a Multi-Mode Server and can be used in one of three ways:
- Multi-Stream Player Mode - If you have been using audio streamers in your projects, this is the mode you are probably used to. Each audio stream is an independent music player that can play music from internet music services, like Spotify, from local music stored on a PC or NAS on the local network, or AirPlayed from an iOS drvice or iTunes. This Mode has no switching, volume or room power, just pure, independent streams coming out of the server at pre-amp levels. This Mode uses the Streamer Module.
- System Mode - When CasaTunes is set up in System Mode, music is switched from the internal streams and external source through a software matrix built right into the server. Each internal stream has the same features as the streams in Multi-Stream Player Mode. The System supplies pre-amp level room(zone) outputs. This Mode uses the System Module.
- System Controller Mode - CasaTunes servers are able to control and supply streams to third party audio distribution systems from Knoll, Leviton, Audio Authority, RTI, SpeakerCraft, Channel Vision, NuVo and Russound. Use the System Module and once you Accelerate, the combination of CasaTunes and the third party distribution system acts just like a complete self-contained system, with all of the same features as System Mode.
Streamer Module Highlights
Every Stream is a complete Music Player!
Endless music. Powerful, but simple interface.
Each streaming source supplies the following to inputs on your AV Receiver or audio matrix switch:
- User our new CT-1 or CT-2 for one or two inexpensive streams or go up to 9 independent streams with our CT-8S.
- Endless music
- Stream any music App from iOS devices using CasaTunes Air. Each stream can play music from a different iOS device
- Play different music in each room
- Store your music collection on your music server for access in any stream
- Supports older one-way URC Controllers
- Easily change what you are listening to by browsing through your music collection, searching for a specific artist or song, or clicking on a different song in your currently playing list.
System Module Highlights
Works with any CasaTunes System!
Easy to integrate. Allows all the great CasaTunes System features.
Whether you are using a CasaTunes CT-2Q450rs 2 stream, 4 room system or a CasaTunes CT-24, 24 room system, the System Module makes it easy to integrate with URC. When done, you have the full functionality of CasaTunes Air and our other built in System features.
- All of the streaming features of the Streaming Module, plus:
- Includes driver tool to automatically create a driver for every room
- Driver tool creates a room list that is imported into Accelerator for creating the Project Tree
- Allows you to switch to and control non-streaming audio sources, such as cable boxes
- Every room and room group is published as an AirPlay target to iOS devices
- Easily add wireless rooms by using CasaTunes' unique AirPlay out feature
- Includes a Chromecast Audio Module that lets you play music from a Chromecast Audio dongle plugged into a CasaTunes input
Back to Product Overview